No, I only know what I hear on Fox News

Of all the things that might surprise you, you can forget this one:

An Indiana man convicted of setting fire to a mosque in Ohio told a judge on Wednesday that he committed the crimes because Fox News and conservative talk radio had convinced him that “most Muslims are terrorists.”

Years of Fox News operating like this, assaulting the public with racial and political bile. All in the service of a single goal: Get people to think like Roger Ailes.

Linn explained to the court that he had gotten “riled up” after watching Fox News…

“Muslims are killing Americans and trying to blow stuff up,” Linn also reportedly told the judge. “Most Muslims are terrorists and don’t believe in Jesus Christ.”

Champagne, folks? This fellow might have been a lone whacko. He might have stayed that way, too. But Fox had to crawl in his ear, and so there were consequences.

“And I was more sad when Judge [Jack] Zouhary asked him that, ‘Do you know any Muslims or do you know what Islam is?’” one mosque member who attended the hearing recalled to WNWO. “And he said, ‘No, I only know what I hear on Fox News and what I hear on radio.’”

Thanks for the fire, Roger.

7 thoughts No, I only know what I hear on Fox News

1. avatar Rev. Howard Furst says:

The gentleman in question received a sentence of 20 years for believing the bottle blondes and cokeheads on Fox News. Excellent. Inmates these days often have TV in their cells. This genius obviously needs someone to choose which channels he can watch. My recommendation is 20 years of Guy Fieri shows on the Food Channel, or incessant reruns of pre-apocalypse Jim & Tammy Faye Bakker.

2. avatar toma says:

The situps-on-the-beach channel. The knife-sharpening channel, where they turn your credit cards into throwing stars. Any one of the blender-juicer channels, where they make fruity manna from brussels sprouts and mangled broccoli. He’ll be delivered unto impotent insanity and the rehabilitation will be useless.

3. avatar Sleeve says:

Perhaps he should watch more FoxNews while in the klink – that’ll get him in nice with the skinheads. Might make him safer, but it’ll cost him (heh heh heh)…

4. avatar Cthulhu says:

Here’s hoping his new roomate will be a Muslim.

5. avatar toma says:

One of those ‘I make jihad while you’re on your tummy’ Muslims?

6. avatar Guy Bertram says:

I agree that Guy Fieri 24/7 would be cruel punishment but Watching that alleged Sexual Harrasser (settled) Stalker Bill O’Reilly bullying would put anyone on a suicide watch.
    If you see O’Reilly or any of his stalkers around the corner just start shouting Andrea Macris! ANDREA MACKRIS…and they’ll slink away. If you can stand the laughter Google, “Bill O’Reilly Sings”, for legal court transcripts of BillO on the phone set to Opera Libreto, gruesome.

7. avatar toma says: